Saturday, July 31, 2010

ACTION RESEARCH PLAN

The purpose of this action research project will be to continue to implement and observe the level of success of a specific program, titled the Partner/Helper Program, that will encourage kids with behavior issues to help other students who academically need to improve, thereby inspiring attitude changes with the students with behavior problems and academic support for those in need.

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl--

    I like the plan--I think it is inventive because in my opinion or what we usually see in school are kids that are behavior problems are also the ones lagging behind academically. So, this is a interesting and new spin on the problem.
    My questions:
    1. How are you going to determine which behaviors/ or students get to be in the program and which behaviors or students are just too far out there to participate?

    2. How are you going to prepare/support the helpers/partners?

    3. What happens if one partnership doesn't work--colliding/conflicting personalities?

    Those are just some questions--but I think you have a great, but different and distinctive solution to a tough problem that schools typically have--behavior issues and academically low achieving students. Sounds great to me and I hope it works out!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post, Judy! I appreciate the comments and questions. Definitely, I will have to set standards and probationary periods will also exist. The students will be introduced into the process slowly and also they will be given written guidelines. Also, I will need to be sensitve to personality conflicts and work with students in order to help them cope with learning to be cooperative.

    ReplyDelete